Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics
- Prevalence of Stroke—United States, 2005.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 469-474
Barnes PM, Bloom B, Nahin R. Complimentary and alternative medicine use among adults and children: United States, 2007. CDC National Health Statistics Report #12. 2008:24.
- Complimentary and alternative medicine use among primary care patients in west Texas.South Med J. 2008; 101: 1232-1237
- Chiropractors as safety net providers: first report of findings and methods from a US survey of chiropractors.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2007; 30: 718-728
- Education needed on stroke symptoms and prevention.Patient Educ Manag. 2008; 6: 65-66
- Stroke following chiropractic manipulation. Report of 3 cases and review of the literature.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2002; 13: 210-213
- Misuse of the literature by medical authors in discussing spinal manipulative therapy injury.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1995; 18: 203-210
- Complications following vertebral manipulation-a survey of a French region physicians.Ann Readapt Med Phys. 2003; 46: 33-40
- Spinal manipulative therapy is an independent risk factor for vertebral artery dissection.Neurology. 2003; 60: 1424-1428
- Chiropractic manipulation and stroke: a population-based case-control study.Stroke. 2001; 32: 1054-1060
Lang E, Afilalo M. Vertebral Artery Dissection. In: Medscape; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/761451-overview. Accessed May 6, 2009.
- Sporadic hypercoagulability, hemodynamic alterations, and manipulation-linked stroke.Top Clin Chiropr. 2002; 9: 21-30
Editors. Stroke. In: Online encyclopedia. www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/stroke. Accessed May 8, 2009.
Vega J. Arterial dissection and stroke. In: About.com; http://stroke.about.com/od/causesofstroke/a/Dissection.htm. Accessed May 18, 2009.
AHA. Stroke warning signs. In: American Heart Association; http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier= 4742. Accessed Dec. 27, 2008.
- The risk of over-reporting spinal manipulative therapy-induced injuries: a description of some cases that failed to burden the statistics.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1996; 19: 536-538
- Clinical perceptions of the risk of vertebral artery dissection after cervical manipulation: the effect of referral bias.Spine J. 2002; 2: 334-342
- The validity of the extension-rotation test as a clinical screening procedure before neck manipulation: a secondary analysis.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1996; 19: 159-164
- Cerebrovascular accident without chiropractic manipulation: a case report.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006; 29: 330-335
- Risk of vertebrobasilar stroke and chiropractic care: results of a population-based case-control and case-crossover study.Spine. 2008; 33: S176-S183
- Risk of vertebrobasilar stroke and chiropractic care: results of a population-based case-control and case-crossover study.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009; 32: S201-S208
- Examining vertebrobasilar artery stroke in two Canadian provinces.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009; 32: S194-S200
- Adverse events following chiropractic care for subjects with neck or low-back pain: do the benefits outweigh the risks.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2008; 31: 461-464
- Cervicogenic headaches: a critical review.Spine J. 2001; 1: 31-46
- Patterns and perceptions of care for treatment of back and neck pain: results of a national survey.Spine. 2003; 28 ([discussion 298]): 292-297
- BISIMAN study: The background incidence of stroke in manipulation in the United Kingdom.Clin Chiropr. 2008; 11: 15-22
Editors. Mississippi Stroke Death Rates. In. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control; http://apps.need.cdc.gov/giscvh2/Results.aspx. Stroke Mortality Rate 1991-1998. Accessed May 18, 2009.
- Healthy People 2010.2nd ed. CDC, Atlanta1999Accessed Dec. 29, 2008)
CDC. Healthy People 2010 Focus Area 12; Heart Disease and Stroke Progress Review. In: Atlanta: CDC, 2007 power point presentation; http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ppt/hpdata2010/focusareas/fa12_2_prog_rev.ppt. Accessed Dec. 28, 2008.
- Prescribing wellness: a case study exploring the use of health information brochures.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2004; 27: 262-266
- Implementation of a course on wellness concepts into a chiropractic college curriculum.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2005; 28: 423-428
- Chiropractic and geriatrics: a review of the training, role, and scope of chiropractic in caring for aging patients.Clin Geriatr Med. 2004; 20: 223-235
- Chiropractic in the American Public Health Association.Dynamic Chiropr. 2001; 19: 10
- A survey of US chiropractors on clinical preventive services.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2004; 27: 287-298
- Dietary diversity: case study of fruit and vegetable consumption by chiropractic patients.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2003; 26: 383-389
- Emergency nurses' knowledge of evidence-based ischemic stroke care: A pilot study.J Emerg Nurs. 2007; 33: 202-207
- Agreement between ambulance paramedic- and physician-recorded neurologic signs with face arm speech test (FAST) in acute stroke patients.Stroke. 2004; 35: 1355-1359