Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics
- The effects of side-posture positioning and spinal adjusting on the lumbar Z joints: a randomized controlled trial with sixty-four subjects.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002; 27: 2459-2466
- Interaction of spinal biomechanics and physiology.in: Haldeman S Principles and practice of chiropractic. 2nd ed. Appleton & Lange, East Norwalk, Conn1992: 225-257
- The facet syndrome.Clin Orthop Res. 1976; 115: 149-156
- Hildebrandt RW Principles and practice of chiropractic: an anthology. Kjellberg & Sons, Wheaton1976: 326
- An in vivo preparation for investigating neural responses to controlled loading of a lumbar vertebra in the anesthetized cat.J Neurosci Methods. 1999; 89: 87-96
- Human lumbar facet joint capsule strains: I. During physiological motions.Spine J. 2004; 4: 141-152
- Comparison of human lumbar facet joint capsule strains during simulated high-velocity, low-amplitude spinal manipulation versus physiological motions.Spine J. 2005; 5: 277-290
- Paraspinal muscle evoked cerebral potentials in patients with unilateral low back pain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1993; 18: 1096-1102
- Do cerebral potentials to magnetic stimulation of paraspinal muscles reflect changes in palpable muscle spasm, low back pain, and activity scores?.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000; 23: 458-464
- To compare the effects of different rates of application of a cervical mobilisation technique on sympathetic outflow to the upper limb in normal subjects.Manual Therapy. 1996; 1: 198-203
- An in vivo method for studying afferent fibre activity from cervical paravertebral tissue during vertebral motion in anaesthetised cats.J Neurosci Methods. 1998; 85: 218
- Innocuous mechanical stimulation of the neck and alterations in heart-rate variability in healthy young adults.Auton Neurosci. 2001; 91: 96-99
- Cervical mobilisation: concurrent effects on pain, sympathetic nervous system activity and motor activity.Man Ther. 2001; 6: 72-81
- Onset and recovery of hyperalgesia and hyperexcitability of sensory neurons following intervertebral foramen volume reduction and restoration.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2003; 26: 426-436
- Basic science research related to chiropractic spinal adjusting: the state of the art and recommendations revisited.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006; 29: 726-761
- Spinal manipulation reduces pain and hyperalgesia after lumbar intervertebral foramen inflammation in the rat.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006; 29: 5-13
- Enhanced neutrophil respiratory burst as a biological marker for manipulation forces: duration of the effect and association with substance P and tumor necrosis factor.J Manipulative and Physiol Ther. 1992; 15: 83-89
- Spinal manipulative therapy reduces inflammatory cytokines but not substance P production in normal subjects.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006; 29: 14-21
- Some physical mechanisms and effects of spinal adjustments.Ann Swiss Chiropr Assoc. 1976; 6: 91-141
- Some reflex phenomena associated with spinal derangements and adjustments.Ann Swiss Chiropr Assoc. 1981; 7: 45-65
- Manipulation.in: Kirkaldy-Willis W Burton V Managing low back pain. 3rd ed. Churchill Livingstone., New York1992: 283-296
- Mechanisms and effects of spinal high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust manipulation: previous theories.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2002; 25: 251-262
- Manipulation and mobilization of the third metacarpophalangeal joint: a quantitative radiographic and range of motion study.Manual Med. 1988; 3: 135-140
- The audible release associated with joint manipulation.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1995; 18: 155-164
Conway P, Herzog W, Zhang Y, Hasler E. Identification of the mechanical factors required to cause cavitation during spinal manipulation in the thoracic spine. International Conference on Spinal Manipulation; 1992 May 15-17; Chicago, IL. p. 281-4.
- Forces required to cause cavitation during spinal manipulation of the thoracic spine.Clin Biomech. 1993; 8: 210-214
- Effects of side-posture positioning and side-posture adjusting on the lumbar zygapophysial joints as evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging: a before and after study with randomization.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000; 23: 380-394
Cramer GD, Gregerson DM, Knudsen JT, Hubbard BB, Ustas LM, Cantu JA. Gapping of the Z Joints following chiropractic adjusting. International Conference on Spinal Manipulation; 2002 Oct 4-5; Toronto, Ontartio. p. 17.
- Determining cavitation location during lumbar and thoracic spinal manipulation: is spinal manipulation accurate and specific?.Spine. 2004; 29: 1452-1457
- Does the adjustment cavitate the targeted joint? An investigation into the location of cavitation sounds.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2004; 27: e2
- Analysis of zygapophyseal joint cracking during chiropractic manipulation.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1995; 18: 65-71
- Spinal manipulation for low-back pain.Ann Intern Med. 1992; 117: 590-598
- Spinal manipulation: current state of research and its indications.Neurol Clin. 1999; 17: 91-111
- Nonoperative treatments for sciatica: a pilot study for a randomized clinical trial.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000; 23: 536-544
- Chiropractic clinical research: progress and recommendations.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006; 29: 695-706
- Churchill Livingstone, New York2002: 810 Chiropractic technique. 3rd ed.
- Enhancement of in vitro interleukin-2 production in normal subjects following a single spinal manipulative treatment.Chiropr Osteopath. 2008; 16: 5
- The audible pop from high-velocity thrust manipulation and outcome in individuals with low back pain.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006; 29: 40-45
- The audible pop is not necessary for successful spinal high-velocity thrust manipulation in individuals with low back pain.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 1057-1060
- The sacrum, sacroiliac joint, and coccyx.in: Cramer G Darby S Basic and clinical anatomy of the spine, spinal cord, and ANS. 2nd ed. Elsevier/Mosby, St. Louis (Mo)2005: 308-338
- Mosby Year Book and ANS, St. Louis (Mo)2005: 18-69 General characteristics of the spine. Basic and clinical anatomy of the spine, spinal cord, and ANS. 2nd ed.