Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics
- A manpower policy for primary care: a report of a study.National Academy of Science, Washington (DC)1978
- Alchemy in the creation of chiropractic: understanding the ingredients of survival.Am J Chiropr Med. 1989; 2: 117-121
- The patient, the practitioner, and wellness: paradigm lost, paradigm gained.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1990; 13: 107-111
- Commentary: the future of health and health care: contradictions and dilemmas.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1985; 8: 271-281
- Health-care reform and chiropractic in the 1990s.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1991; 14: 341-354
- Holistic health care in primary practice: chiropractic contributing to a sustainable health care system.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1992; 15: 604-608
- Maintenance care: some considerations.Am Chiropr Assoc J Chiropr. 1980; 17: 53-55
- Health promotion attitudes of chiropractic physicians.Am J Chiropr Med. 1990; 3: 71-76
- A survey of 492 U.S. chiropractors on primary care and prevention-related issues.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1995; 18: 57-64
- The role of the chiropractor in the changing health care system from marginal to main-stream.Res Sociology Health Care. 1996; 13A: 95-117
- The role of the chiropractic doctor in health promotion.in: Proceedings of the 1992 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation1992 May 15–17: 216-217
- A survey of practice patterns and the health promotion and prevention attitudes of U.S. chiropractors. Maintenance care: part 1.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000; 23 (..-...)
- Guidelines for Chiropractic Quality Assurance and Practice Parameters.in: Proceedings of the Mercy Center Consensus Conference. Aspen, Gaithersburg (MD)1992
- Preventive chiropractic and the chiropractic management of visceral conditions: is the cost to chiropractic acceptance justified by the benefit to health care?.Chiropr J Aust. 1991; 21: 95-101
- Midwest Research Institute. Department of Defense, Aurora (CO)1986 Jan 24 (Project No. 8533-D)
- Report of the Commission of Inquiry.P.D. Hasselberg, Government Printer, Wellington, New Zealand1979
- Communicating with ‘medics’ in the United Kingdom.Eur J Chiropr. 1982; 30: 65-69
- Preliminary investigation of the relationship between certain practice characteristics and practice location: chiropractor-population ratio.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1989; 12: 253-258
MedAccess. Statistical abstract of the United States 1994. No. 47. Population 65 years old and over, by age group and sex. Available from: www.medaccess.com/census/c_03.htm.
- Longevity and medicare expenditures.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 999-1003
- Persons with chronic conditions. Their prevalence and costs.JAMA. 1996; 276: 1473-1479
- Chiropractic patients in a comprehensive home-based geriatric assessment, follow-up and health promotion program.Top Clin Chiropr. 1996; 3: 46-55
Rupert R, Sandefur R, Wagnon R. Chiropractic and maintenance care. In: Proceedings of the 1993 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation; 1993 April 30-May 1. p. 127.
- Using the SF-36D (General Health Status Questionnaire) in a pilot study of outcome assessment for low back (chiropractic) patients.in: Proceedings of the 1992 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation1992 May 15–17: 172
- The 3 site outcomes assessment project: status report.in: Proceedings of the International Conference on Spinal Manipulation1992 May 15–17: 169-171
- Health status as an outcome measure for low back pain patients.in: Proceedings of the 1992 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation1992 May 15–17: 65-66
- User's Manual: SF36 Health Status Questionnaire. Version 2. InterStudy, St Paul (MN)1991
- Health Status Questionnaire (SF36) Technical Report.InterStudy, St Paul (MN)1992
- Number of physician contacts per person per year by place of contact, age, sex, and race (1989).National Center for Health Statistics, 1989
- Job analysis of chiropractic. National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Greeley (CO)1993
MedAcces. Statistical Abstracts of the United States 1994. No. 212. Current cigarette smoking. Available from: www.medaccess.com/census/c_03.htm.
MedAccess. Statistical Abstracts of the United States 1994. No. 211. Use of selected drugs, by age of user. Available from: www.medaccess.com/census/c_03.htm.
- Per capita personal health care expenditures for persons 65 years and more by age, type of service, and source of payment (1987). Health Care Financing Administration, 1989
- National health expenditures aggregate, per capita, percent distribution, and annual percent change by source of funds: calendar years 1960-95. Health Care Financing Administration, Office of the Actuary, Data From the Office of National Health Statistics, 1995
- Source Book of Health Insurance Data 1996. Health Insurance Information of America, Annapolis Junction (MD)1997
- Employees Benefit Research Institute analysis of March 1995 current population survey. Employees Benefit Research Institute, 1996
- Data compendium. Health Care Financing Administration, 1996
- Treatment outcomes assessment for chiropractic care.in: Proceedings of the 1992 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation1992 May 15–17: 171-173
- Maintenance care.Top Clin Chiro. 1996; 3: 32-35
- The physician visit patterns of chiropractic users: health-seeking behavior of the elderly in Manitoba, Canada.Am J Public Health. 1983; 73: 553-557
- Does chiropractic utilization substitute for less available medical services?.Am J Public Health. 1980; 70: 415-417
- Who on earth goes to a chiropractor?.Med Econ. 1971; 48: 89-99
- Acceptance and identity: the conundrum of contemporary chiropractic.Chiropr J Australia. 1993; 23: 136-140
- A systems model of health care: a proposal.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1996; 19: 208-215
- Chiropractic and the clinical art.Soc Sci Med. 1985; 21: 383-390
- Preventative chiropractic: what justification?.Chiropr J Australia. 1991; 21: 10-12
- The challenge of proving the efficacy of chiropractic, placebo, hawthorn and pygmalion effects in research.J Chiropr. 1983; 20: 30-40
*Submit reprint requests to: Ronald L. Rupert, MS, DC, 721 I-35 E South, Suite 140, Denton, TX 76205.
**Supported by a grant from the National Chiropractic Mutual Insurance Company (NCMIC) and Cleveland Chiropractic College-KC and administered by the Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research. The primary recipient of this grant was Abt Associates Inc.