Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics
- Managing infants who cry excessively in the first few months of life.BMJ. 2011; 343: d7772
- Economic evaluation of strategies for managing crying and sleeping problems.Arch Dis Child. 2001; 84: 15-19
- Colic in infants.Clin Evid. 2010; 02: 309
- The crying infant: diagnostic testing and frequency of serious underlying disease.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 841-848
- Clinical inquiries. What is the best treatment for infant colic?.J Fam Pract. 2006; 55: 634-636
- Infant crying and abuse.Lancet. 2004; 364: 1340-1342
- A prospective 10-year study of children who had severe infantile colic.Acta Paeditry Suppl. 2005; 94: 129-132
- Persistent infant crying and hyperactivity problems in middle childhood.Pediatrics. 2002; 109: 1054-1060
- Long-term effects of infant colic: a survey comparison of chiropractic treatment and nontreatment groups.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009; 32: 635-638
- A description of children and adolescents in Danish chiropractic practice: results from a nationwide survey.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009; 32: 607-615
- The use of complementary and alternative medicine in pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 662-668
- 2008: 1-23 Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults and children: United States, 2007. CDC Natl Health Stats Report No. 23.
- The short-term effect of spinal manipulation in the treatment of infantile colic: a randomized controlled clinical trial with a blinded observer.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1999; 22: 517-522
- A preliminary assessment of the impact of cranial osteopathy for the relief of infant colic.Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2006; 12: 83-90
- Randomized controlled trial of infant colic treated with chiropractic spinal manipulation.Arch Dis Child. 2001; 84: 138-141
- Comparison of short-term effects of chiropractic spinal manipulation and occipito-sacral decompression in the treatment of infant colic: a single-blinded randomised comparison trial.Clin Chiropr. 2008; 11: 122-129
- A comparative study to determine the efficacy of chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy and allopathic medication in the treatment of infantile colic [abstract].in: World Federation of Chiropractic 7th Biennial Congress. World Federation of Chiropractic, Orlando, FL2002: 18
- The efficacy of chiropractic spinal adjustments as a treatment protocol in the management of infantile colic.in: Haldeman S Murphy B 5th Biennial Congress of the World Federation of Chiropractic. World Federation of Chiropractic, Auckland1999: 170-171
Karpelowsky AS. The efficacy of chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy in the treatment of infantile colic. MSc Dissertation. Health Sciences, Technikon Witwatersrand. Johannesburg, 2004.
- Chiropractic spinal manipulation for infant colic: a systematic review of randomised trials.Int J Clin Pract. 2009; 63: 1351-1353
- Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report.Chiropr Osteopath. 2010; 18: 3
Hussereau D, Clifford T, Aker P, Leduc D, Mensinkai S. Spinal manipulation for infantile colic. Ottawa: Canadian Coordinating Office for Health Technology Assessment. 2003. Technology report No 42.
- The short-term effect of spinal manipulation in the treatment of infantile colic: a randomized controlled clinical trial with a blinded observer.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000; 23: 365
- Infantile colic-less common than previously estimated?.Acta Paediatr. 1996; 85: 454-458
- Infants with “colic”—mothers' perspectives on the crying problem.J Psychosom Res. 2000; 48: 125-132
- The crying of infants with colic: a controlled empirical description.Pediatrics. 1992; 90: 14-21
- Objective confirmation of crying durations in infants referred for excessive crying.Arch Dis Child. 1993; 68: 82-84
- Parental diary of infant cry and fuss behaviour.Arch Dis Child. 1988; 63: 380-387
- A retrospective study of chiropractic treatment of 276 Danish infants with infantile colic.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2010; 33: 536-541
- Massage therapy of moderate and light pressure and vibrator effects on EEG and heart rate.Int J Neurosci. 2004; 114: 31-45
- Heart rate changes in response to mild mechanical irritation of the high cervical spinal cord in infants.Forensic Sci Int. 2002; 128: 168-176
- Adverse effects of spinal manipulative therapy in children younger than 3 years: a retrospective study in a chiropractic teaching clinic.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2008; 31: 419-423
- A randomized controlled trial of a behavioural intervention to reduce crying among infants.J Am Board Fam Med. 2010; 23: 315-322
- Best practices recommendations for chiropractic care for infants, children, and adolescents: results of a consensus process.J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2009; 32: 639-647
- Sequelae of infant colic: evidence of transient infant distress and absence of lasting effects on maternal mental health.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002; 156: 1183-1188